family solicitors rotherham

Legally Changing Your Name

We can help to get yours or your child's name changed quickly and legally.

People want to change their name for a number of reasons. It could be that you have recently been divorced and want to go back to a previous surname, or that you want to change your child's surname to be the same as yours. Whatever the reason, you are legally allowed to change your name and our experienced family lawyers can help you to do this.

We can change your name using a "Change of Name Deed" (which is sometimes referred to as Deed Poll). This document must be signed and witnessed in the correct manner and it can then be used when a formal document showing your identity is required, for example when applying for a passport or driving license.

We offer a free initial consultation for all new clients. Please contact us to arrange a consultation.

Contact Us

Tel: 0333 577 4215

Free from mobiles & landlines with inclusive minutes and geographic rate (eg.01) charged from all others